Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day Two of Take Shape For Life...

Day Two -

Yesterday was my second day, and I wasn't as dizzy as the first day. When I asked Candi (my health coach) about it, she suggested that I drink some Propel Zero - it has electrolytes that will help. She also said that this won't last very long - maybe the first 3 days.

Here was what I ate:

Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. This tasted pretty good, and I normally like oatmeal, but I think the next time I try it, I'll put just a bit more water in it. The consistancy was kind a thick and sticky. I put some Truvia sweetener on it as well.

Snack: I tried another crunch bar - the lemon meringue one - and I liked this one alot.

Lunch: I had the creamy chicken soup in a mug. This was very good, however, I had to add some salt. I asked Candi if that's ok, and she said yes - most of the meal replacements would taste better with some seasoning.

Snack: For my afternoon snack, I tried the Chili Cheese Puffs. I actually thought these tasted pretty ok. Again, there is a weird underlying taste - probably the soy. But these were seasoned well, and it was fun to munch on them. However, they didn't seem to fill me up like the other food. I was hungry less than 2 hours later.

Dinner: For my Lean and Green meal, I made Italian Shredded Chicken on Lettuce Leaves...

(this looks a lot like yesterday's Balsamic Chicken, but the taste was different - more Italian tasting.)

I measured out 6 oz. of shredded, canned chicken (packed in water) - the kind from Costco. It was almost the entire can. The actual can says there is over 12 oz., but when I measurement the meat, it was around 6.5-7oz. I then diced some tomatoes, cucumbers, and celery and added that to the bowl (it was about 1 3/4 cups worth of veggies). I seasoned it with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil. I added some cayenne pepper as well - that sure added a kick! I also put about a tablespoon of dill pickle relish in. Then, I drizzled 2 tablespoons of Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing over the top. I mixed it all together. Then, I grabbed 3 large leaves of leafy green lettuce, and stuffed them full of the mixture. I thought it would be like eating a chicken enchilada-type thing, but the leaves didn't hold up. So, I cut them up and just ate it off of the plates. There was a ton of food! I sprinkled some red wine vinegar on it as I ate. YUM!

My last snack of the day was a Chocolate Mint Bar - I think this might be my favorite meal replacement so far. :-)

I, again, drank 118 oz of water. Actually, I mixed it up a little bit - I had 9 cups of water, 3 cups of Propel Zero, and 17 oz. of this yummy sparkling water I found called Cascade Ice. In the 17oz. bottle, there are just 4 calories. It was nice to be able to do something a little bit different than just plain water. I finished the day with another cup of water.

I think I did well yesterday, but the one thing I need to work on is eating my meals every 2.5 hours. I'm not used to eating 6 times a day, and a few times yesterday, I let 4-4.5 hours go between meals. NOT a good idea, if I want to be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Watchers - The ABCs of Weight Loss

I read this in the Weight Watcher magazine July/August 2008, and thought there were some great suggestions here. These were all contributed by successful WW members)...

A - Ask questions (when dining out, don't be afraid to ask your server how a dish is prepared - and request it without sauce or oil).

B - Budget for snacks - you don't have to give up all of your favorite treats, just plan ahead.

C - Cancel the pity party - when you're down about your weight, remind yourself that everyone struggles.

D - Distract yourself - If you're hungry, call a friend, go for a walk, write a letter or email, etc. You'll notice that the hunger usually passes in a matter of minutes.

E - Eat slowly - put the fork down between bites, be more aware of how much you're putting in your mouth.

F - Focus on the presentation - arrange your food creatively, use a larger plate and spread your portions more artfully, it will help you feel more satisfied.

G - Give the new habits time - make a commitment to stick to your new regimen for at least 6 months, it often takes that long for revamped eating or exercise habits to feel natural.

H - Hang out with optimists - The can-do spirit is contagious.

I - Inspire yourself - brainstorm a list of activities you've been putting off because of your weight - it will provide a built-in incentive to slim down.

J - Join up - exercise with others - this often provides a sense of accountibility.

K - Keep your focus - as you lose weight, notice what you're gaining - a healthier diet, slimmer profile, or a new love of exercise.

L - Lighten up your favorite - Use cookbooks that can show you low-fat, healthier versions of your favorite dishes.

M - Make over your kitchen - get rid of trigger foods (those you often overeat) and restock your kitchen with healthy items.

N - Navigate out of your comfort zone - try a new exercise once a week.

O - Opt for the 10-minute rule - Even if you don't feel like it, get moving for at least 10 minutes.

P - Push yourself to try at least one new fruit or vegetable each week - expand your culinary repertoire in a healthy, low-calorie way.

Q - Quit the clean-plate club - stop eating once you're satisfied, and you won't eat tons of extra calories.

R - Reward yourself - if you are looking for a snack after dinner, give yourself a manicure or pedicure instead!

S - Stand up to food pushers - if a host pressures you to eat something you'd rather avoid, tell her you'll try something else on the table - compliment her, and she'll be distracted.

T - Treat your body like a temple - exercise and take care of yourself as if you were an athlete.

U - Use your lunch break wisely - spend half of your lunch break walking.

V - View sweet treats wisely - if you want to shed pounds, you can't eat sweets whenever you like. Find a low - calorie substitute that you can have every day, or limit rich desserts to once a week.

W - Write a gratitude list - each day, jot down 3 to 5 things in your life that you're grateful for.

X - Xerox your exercise moves - find exercise routines you'd like to try in books and magazines, and make copies, then refer to these when you need new moves.

Y - Yearn to accept where you are now - when you fell discouraged by your rate of progress, try to accept and appreciate yourself at your current weight. This might help you hang in there until you start losing weight again.

Z - Zero in on your body - Don't wear big baggy clothes - wearing clothes that fit well to remind yourself of your diet and fitness goals - and the slimmer body your are striving for.

GOOD LUCK!